Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Word About My School


National American School in Zahle, Bekaa-Lebanon is where I attended school from preschool till high school with the exception of my year abroad. It was my second year of attending school when N.A.S opened its doors to welcome students so my dad transferred me there. Ever since, I grew up as the school grew up with me. I got to know every single corner of it. I watched it expand as I grew up year after year. It was amazing. 

Now looking back in time, I do miss it but not that much. The reason for that is because I still visit every once in a while and check on it. Every time I go, I come back with a great feeling. All the teachers always welcome me with warm hugs and kisses. They ask about me and how is life treating me. It feels flattering that I am still a part of this amazing family. They shared with me the laughs and the tears over the years. That is why I wanted to share a post in honor of my old school. 

The following is something I wrote about my school back when I was a senior.

“Why do we go to school?” This is first thing that comes to a child’s mind when he leaves his family to go to school for the first time. The upcoming years of his journey reveal an answer for that question. However, it is here at the National American School that he realizes that he has never really left his family but actually made it grow bigger. If one day you need advice about colleges and majors, studying skills, or even something as simple as a comfortable hug be sure that you will find what you need.  My amazing 12 years at N.A.S proved this true; with all the ups and downs I’ve been through I always found the members of this family there for me with all possible means. I guarantee you that you won’t be able to find a place where the teachers advice you about what is better for you instead of boss you around. Simply, they have become our “God-parents” that will stay with us spiritually now that we are all on our own path in life. We are not scared from what the future holds for us since we know that we are well prepared for all upcoming challenges we might face. So, I want to say that we are very proud to be part of the growing family of N.A.S. I would like to thank the Administration and the Educational board here at N.A.S for providing A BETTER TOMORROW TODAY for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment